Winter prep is easy with a few easy & inexpensive tips for homeowners. Make sure your home is protected against freezing temperatures here in the Pacific Northwest.
Insulate Crawl Space
Use foam vent plugs to reduce your heating bill this season. Insulating your crawl space during the winter months reduces the risk of freezing pipes. The foam plugs can be trimmed and shaped to fit your specifications.
Winter Prep Essentials
Stock up on winter essentials like snow & ice melt, shovels, ice scrapers & sand. Having these essential winter items early on can be helpful in case of inclement weather.
Foam Pipe Insulation
Foam pipe insulation prevents your pipes from freezing during the cold season. It is a thick tube-shaped foam usually sold in 6′ lengths. Foam pipe is an inexpensive option for anyone wanting to save a little on a utility bill this winter.
Some additional tips for your home this season:
- Turn off valves for outdoor water pipes at the beginning of winter
- Install gutter tape to roof line
- Install heat pipe insulation
- Maintain temperature over 32 degrees in pump house (if necessary)
- Apply seasonal lawn winterizer through December
- Use Harvest-Guard to insulate plants from harsh frosts and winds
- Stock up on windshield wash fluid & tarps for outdoor power equipment such as snow blowers
- Shop early for best selection of heaters – electric heaters can cut down on utility costs in the winter
Visit us in-store to learn more about winterizing your home. We can share advice and expert knowledge to help get your project started.